Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Dom likes Vagina

Dom likes vagina.  At least, he likes the word.  He also really enjoys talking about his penis.  As this started to come up in his life, Dennis and I had a real discussion about how we thought it was important to use the "real" words for penis and vagina.  When I was little we referred to vagina's as a "pinkie".  Dennis thinks this is HILARIOUS, but we still decided it was best to use penis and vagina.  

Dominic, like most males, has a fascination with his penis.  He is forever touching it while having diaper changes, in the bath tub, under his pants.  I am aware this is a totally normal "phase" (although, I argue that the "phase" part of it is his public fascination - he will begin his own little private "phase" in the later years).  Recently, he has begun to inquire the whereabouts of others penis'.   "Does Nanni (my sister) have a penis?"  "Does Uncle Kat have a penis?" This lead to the funniest, most surprising thing I have heard from him to date:

Me: Dominic you are such a pita today, but I love you anyway.
D: I am a pita Momma, and I have a penis.  Do you have a penis?
M:  No Dominic, Mommy is a girl and girl's have vagina's.
D: Wow (thoughtful face).  I like vagina's.

End of conversation. What the hell do you say to that?  

I do know that I will never, ever forget that conversation..and when he has a steady love that he brings home to me, I will tell them.  And whether they are male or female, they will surely love that at 2 years and 10 months old, Dominic loved vagina.


No comments:

Post a Comment